Apr 9, 2014

A True Miracle

I know God has been with me in many ways of my life even though I never learned anything about him. I was a drug addict for most of my life and finally decided I had had enough. After I stopped using drugs I had a miracle in my life. This is my miracle... Not sure if others would characterize this as a miracle but I do. In September of 2004 I found out I was pregnant, I was very excited and scared at the same time. I have had several miscarriages and was told I would have a difficult time carrying a child to full term. So that is why I was scared. Anyway on October 8th of 2004 I started bleeding and went to the hospital and they told me it was a miscarriage and it was not my fault these things happen. I was devastated. I felt like using drugs again but I knew that wasn't the answer. I prayed for GOD to help my understand why this happened to me. For several months after I still felt like I was still pregnant. Everyone told me this was normal because I am older now so it was taking longer for my body to go back to normal. I was also told that it could be because I wanted this child so badly. In February of 2005 I went back into the hospital one night because I thought I had really severe gas, my stomach was bubbling so badly, only to find out I was pregnant. They (the doctors and nurses at the hospital) of course thought I had gotten pregnant again even though I said my husband was in prison and had been there since Oct of 2004. They thought I had cheated on him and didn't believe me when I said I hadn't. When they did an ultra-sound it showed I was 28 weeks pregnant, it was 20 weeks before that when they told me I had miscarried. It was obviously the same pregnancy and they had no explanation for what happened because they had found tissue in my uterine wall which is what lead them to believe I was having a miscarriage 20 weeks before. So there was no explanation and on May 11th, 2005 I gave birth to a healthy 6pound 8ounce beautiful baby girl. She is now 14 months old and is very smart and well advanced with her vocabulary. She knows more words then a 14month old should. I am very proud of her and she is my miracle. I am still clean today and continue to go to NA meetings and out-patient substance abuse therapy. I have a wonderful support group and I am grateful today for many things! Does anyone else agree this was a miracle? I would love to hear some feedback.
God Bless Everyone!
Melissa

Source: ainglkiss.com 

8 comments:

penni d said...

Sounds like a fine miracle for this reformed woman. My Mom lost a babe and still had a child. Doctors told her she must have been carrying twins and only one was lost. Very unusual.

Unknown said...

This really is a miracle, and one the lady really needed to improve her life!

Nico said...

This really is a miracle, bless this woman and her child.

Anonymous said...

Every child is a miracle and yours is even more of a miracle. Congratulations on your sobriety.

Unknown said...

I got some cool chills while reading this!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful story!

Unknown said...

What a true miracle and a surprise for this mom!

Unknown said...

Wow. This lady really should consider this a miracle!