Apr 2, 2014

Puppy rescued after falling 200 feet from cliff in Northern California



Firefighters rescued a puppy that fell 200 feet off a cliff in Marin County, CBS Francisco reported.
The 7-month old pit bull named Mia landed on Rodeo Beach after Sunday's fall, getting wedged between two rocks.
Rescuers used a helicopter and rope system to reach the puppy as a crowd watched above.
At first, Mia didn't appear to be moving, and rescuers were afraid she was dead.
"The dog was kind of wedged between two rocks, and not moving at first, but then the dog moved its head, let them know she was alive," Southern Marin Fire Capt. Kai Pasquale said.
The dog was taken to a veterinarian to be checked out. It turned out she was not seriously hurt and will be home soon.
Source: CBS News

8 comments:

penni d said...

Thank goodness the puppy is okay! My hat is off to the wonderful people who rescued the little critter.

Unknown said...

Great to hear the puppy is all alive and kicking!

Nico said...

Poor little puppy I it now needs a lot of cuddles to get better fast.

Anonymous said...

Marin County takes pet ownership very seriously. I adopted a cat from there one time and, along with a signed letter from my landlord stating it was okay for me to have a cat at my rental, I had to sign papers that promised I would never let the cat go outside or allow it to catch mice. (They wear a lot of Birkenstocks in Marin County. Some even drive Citroens.)

Unknown said...

What nice people to rescue this little dog!

Unknown said...

What a happy ending for this puppy. I'm sure he was really scared on that cliff.

Unknown said...

Awe, the poor puppy...glad things ended well for it.

Unknown said...

So glad the puppy is okay.